NAMI California Advocacy Network (NAMI CAN)
Below are upcoming statewide advocacy opportunities that NAMI CA would love to have more folks participate in.
Thursday, March 28th, NAMI California Advocacy Network Call (CAN) via webinar (4-5pm)
- These calls happen monthly and are open to affiliate members and individuals from the general public.
- The main goal for the NAMI CAN calls is to let individuals know about upcoming opportunities for advocacy, updates regarding legislative proposals and to hear about local issues.
- Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7110359574743631372
Wednesday, April 10th Capitol Advocacy Day (Sacramento, CA) 9am-2pm
- NAMI CA is partnering with the CA Association of Local Behavioral Health Boards and Commissions to conduct a collaborative advocacy day.
- More information will be released shortly regarding a preparation webinar and talking points that include focus issue areas.
- Registration Link: http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07eg01btm7jqnzprf6/start
Monday, April 29th Children’s Spring Advocacy Day (Sacramento, CA)
- This is the Children’s Spring Advocacy Day collaboration with The California Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CALACAP)
- We have partnered for the last several years to bring family members, providers and current residents in Psychiatry together for a day of advocating for children’s mental health in Sacramento.
- A save the date will go out shortly with more information.
Thursday, June 27th, Bebe Moore Campbell Capitol Advocacy Day (Sacramento, CA) 9am-2pm
- NAMI CA will host their annual National Minority Mental Health Awareness event to share information regarding mental health needs among diverse populations
- Individuals will have the opportunity to meet with elected officials and staff in Sacramento
- Scholarship opportunities available so please stay tuned.
- Registration Link: http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07eg3szge7js3nw6tv/start