For life threatening emergencies Dial 911
Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Hotlines and Helplines:
- Access Center 24/7 Helpline and Psychiatric Emergency Response Team:
- TYY 1-562-651-2549 for Hearing Impaired
- Operated by Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.
- Call for help with a suicidal crisis or other mental health emergency,
- Access Psychiatric Emergency Response Teams
- Access Department of Mental Health services and referral.
- Suicide Prevention Center:
- 1-877-7CRISIS / 1-877-727-4747
- 24 hours / 7 days,
- Run locally by Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health (less time on hold?)
- Toll free in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside and Imperial Counties
- For out of area callers, please call:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- 1-800-273-TALK / 1-800-273-8255
- The Trevor Project for LGBTQ Youth
- crisis intervention and suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.
- NAMI National Information Help Line.
- 1 -800-950-NAMI / 1-800-6264
- an information and referral service
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., EST.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Trained expert advocates provide confidential support to anyone experiencing domestic violence or seeking resources and information.
- Available 24/7
- Help is available in Spanish and other languages.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Connect with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area that offers access to a range of free services.
- Crisis chat support is available at Online Hotline.
- Free help, 24/7.
- National Child Abuse Hotline
- (800) 422-4453
- staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors
- through interpreters—provide assistance in over 170 languages
- offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals
- all calls confidential
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Hotlines
Related Files and Links
- Los Angeles County Mental/Behavioral Health Emergency Services
- LA County Dept of Mental Health Countywide Services
- Emergency Field Operations LACDMH (Word Document)
- MY3: Free Mobile App to Provide a Safety Net and Lifeline for Suicidal Individuals
Other Mental Health Hotlines
Access Center 24/7 Helpline: Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, 1-800-854-7771, call to access Emergency Field Operations and all other DMH services and referrals.