Become Part of the Parents and Teachers as Allies and Ending the Silence Team!
NAMI Los Angeles County Council will sponsor a Parents and Teachers as Allies/Ending the Silence training on Sunday, March 30, 2019. The Parents and Teachers as Allies and Ending the Silence curriculum are designed to provide insight and education to parents, school faculty and students through a panel of presenters, covering the following:
- Research on brain disorders in children and adolescents.
- Signs of early onset mental illnesses in children and adolescents as seen at home and at school.
- Understanding family reactions to mental illnesses.
- Community resources
- Early intervention and treatment which lead to better education outcomes for students.
Team Member Requirements:
- An EDUCATOR – opens the presentation, facilitates the discussion and question and answer session and presents the PTA PDF presentation about the early warning signs of mental health conditions and strategies to promote students success. This role must be filled by someone who has a background in education (e.g. teacher, principal, school counselor, retired school teacher or staff member, etc.). The Educator must be either a family member or individual living with a mental health condition and ideally also has taught or attended the NAMI Family-to-Family or NAMI Basics course.
- A PARENT or LOVED ONE who can recount the complex and exhausting realities of parenting/caring for a child with mental illness.
- An INDIVIDUAL LIVING WITH MENTAL ILLNESS who had symptoms as a child or adolescent and is now living well in recovery
What: Half day NAMI Parents and Teachers as Allies/Ending the Silence Training
Who: Contact Kyoni Cummings for an application at (909) 736-1651 or email@example.com
When: Saturday, March 30, 2019
8:30am – 2:00pm
Where: Los Angeles County Council Office
3600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1804
Los Angeles, CA 90010