About Our Organization
We’re glad you found us!
If you or your loved one suffers from a mental illness,
NAMI Glendale is a chapter of NAMI Greater Los Angeles County, and a full affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. We offer support groups, education classes, advocacy, resources, and help & hope to those living with a mental illness, as well as their families, partners/spouses, and friends, and proudly serves the following diverse communities of Los Angeles:
Glendale · Atwater Village · Burbank · Toluca Lake · Eagle Rock · Highland Park · Hollywood · Echo Park La Crescenta/Montrose · Sunland · Tujunga Lincoln Heights · Glassell Park · El Sereno · Montecito Heights
- Providing no-cost education, support, and advocacy to people with mental illness and their families partners/spouses, and friends
- Raising awareness about mental illness issues and put an end to stigma
- Giving a voice to the voiceless
- Coping with mental illness is traumatic and often overwhelming
- Mental illnesses are brain disorders, and therefore medical conditions, from which recovery is possible
- The trauma of mental illness impacts the family, partners/spouses, and friends of the person who has an illness, meaning they, too, need help
- Family, partners/spouses, and friends can play a pivotal supporting role in an individual’s recovery
To ensure that every person who has a mental illness has adequate access to medical care, medications, therapy, reliable-accurate information, and a supportive community of assistance.
We know. We’ve been there. We can help!
For many of us, finding NAMI Glendale was the beginning of hope and recovery. NAMI Glendale provides hope and help through our signature programming, as well as:
- Community outreach activities
- Compile and publish lists of useful and informative resources
- Publicize our own and others’ related public events
- Provide access to regional advocacy and leadership trainings
- Chime in on public policy debates
- Fight stigma against those with brain disorders.