About Our Organization
We’re glad you found us!
If you or your loved one suffers from a mental illness,
we can help
NAMI Glendale is a chapter of NAMI Greater Los Angeles County, and a full affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. We offer support groups, education classes, advocacy, resources, and help & hope to those living with a mental illness, as well as their families, partners/spouses, and friends, and proudly serves the following diverse communities of Los Angeles:
Glendale · Atwater Village · Burbank · Toluca Lake Eagle Rock · Highland Park · Hollywood · Echo Park
La Crescenta/Montrose · Sunland · Tujunga Lincoln Heights · Glassell Park · El Sereno · Montecito Heights
- Providing no-cost education, support, and advocacy to people with mental illness and their families partners/spouses, and friends
- Raising awareness about mental illness issues and put an end to stigma
- Giving a voice to the voiceless
- Coping with mental illness is traumatic and often overwhelming
- Mental illnesses are brain disorders, and therefore medical conditions, from which recovery is possible
- The trauma of mental illness impacts the family, partners/spouses, and friends of the person who has an illness, meaning they, too, need help
- Family, partners/spouses, and friends can play a pivotal supporting role in an individual’s recovery
To ensure that every person who has a mental illness has adequate access to medical care, medications, therapy, reliable-accurate information, and a supportive community of assistance.
We know. We’ve been there. We can help!
For many of us, finding NAMI Glendale was the beginning of hope and recovery. NAMI-Glendale provides hope and help through our signature programming, as well as:
- Community outreach activities
- Compile and publish lists of useful and informative resources
- Publicize our own and others’ related public events
- Provide access to regional advocacy and leadership trainings
- Chime in on public policy debates
- Fight stigma against those with brain disorders.